First, a valentine for all my friends who read and support me.
And this time, I didn’t forget the men.
Press here if you like hot, sinewy, half naked men.
Press here if you like sexy chickadees. (this is a new, ever-evolving board. I’ll happily take direction/suggestions on who to have on it, guys!)
Back yet? Good. I’m glad I have your attention because this post is chock-full. I’m not stopping at ten. Hang onto your seats…
(1) I met with my beta partner to hump all over her amazing novel I just had the pleasure and honor of reading. The fact that she entrusted me with her “baby” means the absolute world. Last year, I entrusted her with mine. (2) Her feedback was, and continues to be, GOLD. The belief in the story, and life she breathes into my characters inspires me to continue the journey to being published. Editing is a brutal chunk of this process. I couldn’t do it without her by my side.
(3) Later that same night, my good fortune continued when I had a delectable Ethiopian food dinner with one of my besties. The laughter we share fills my soul.
(4) That following Saturday we had dinner with friends. Actually, as the only witnesses to our elopement, and Godparents to our children, friends is a gross understatement. They are family. Spending time with them is infrequent nowadays with our busy schedules. I relished every second.
(5) This past week, I had a dentist appointment to get a filling repaired. Why on earth would this be a good thing? Because I assumed I’d have to be numbed, and my heart pounded all morning anticipating those shots. I arrived and was informed it was “an easy, shallow repair that needed no novacain.” I almost hugged her.
In the name of V-Day, I treated myself to a few luxuries this week that I rarely indulge in. You probably know my favorites by now: (6) a pedicure, and (7) the maid. HEAVEN. I also found myself at Nordstrom’s (8). I bought some pretty lingerie, new make-up, and a beautiful wrap/shawl thing. I have three times a year to milk the shit out of a special day: Valentines, my birthday, and Mother’s Day. As you can see, I make the most of them.
….and even though I told the hubs he needn’t get me anything because I’d been getting myself gifts all week….
he still went out of his way to get me tulips (my favorite) and this bad-ass bracelet (9).
Lest you think I’m all take and no give, don’t you worry. He had a delicious Valentine’s Day. *wink*
(10) Thursday, someone very special shared a piece of her heart with me. Her words wrapped me in sweet sentiments and brought us even closer as friends. Thank you, Lizzi.
(11) Hockey. My favorite sport. Saturday morning, an Olympic game between Russia and the U.S. battled, ending in a tie and going into overtime where no one scored. In a riveting shoot out that gripped me to my seat, we FREAKING WON.
(12) This meme, and one of my besties who texted it to me. I’m pretty sure I inspired its creator. I mean, this just screams Beth, does it not?
(13) Sometimes I’m completely caught off guard. I took my sons to their friend’s birthday party. A mom and I were chatting when she asked about my book. I’d never mentioned it to her. She said she’d heard about from a mutual friend. Her enthusiasm about the fact that I’d written something sort of blew me away. She asked a lot of questions, and kept saying how cool it was. It was a little bit of a rock star moment. I’m still twinkling.
(14) Does it ever just hit you like a tsunami how lucky you are? That your family is healthy, you have a car that runs, a place to call home, and the means to take care of all your needs? That wave crashed over me many times this past two weeks. My cup of gratitude spills over.
How was your Valentine’s Day? Do you celebrate it? What are you thankful for lately? Is Jax not the hottest? YUM. Your comments make my heart pitter-patter.