HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most supportive hop EVAH: Ten Things of Thankful!
Without further ado, here are my thankfuls for this week…
1. This HOP. Duh. And the fact that it made it to the ripe, still-sexy age of 50! WOOOP! I’m so grateful for this community of incredible people!
2. The ability to muster strength and courage this week, which was only possible with the tiny shred of confidence I’ve managed to build over the past few months. I realize this is vague, but just know I had reason to feel ten feet tall. I conquered something. Something that has conquered me in the past. For now, I rule the kingdom. LIKE A BOSS.
3. My sisterwives. You know who you are, and you know why I’m thankful for you especially this week.
3. THERE ARE ONLY 5 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT! Bring on: sleeping in; summer trips; NO routine; lazy days by the pool; movies; fun with friends; possibilities, and sunkissed faces. Oh. and Corona. Lots and lots of Corona.
4. Game of Thrones. I feel the need to express my gratitude for this show.
5. Rainy days. Love love love rainy days. (sorry Lizzi!)
6. Freshly Pressed! WHAT?! I know! I never, ever thought I’d write anything worthy of being FP’d. When I was notified, I FAHREEKED OUT. It was a whirlwind couple of days where my stats blew through the roof. Definitely the highlight of this little blogger’s life so far. I have to THANK my friends who believed in the post so much, they made it their mission to get it noticed by the WP editors. You know who you are. I can never thank you enough.
7. This quote:
What if I fall?
Oh, but my darling…
what if you fly?
I’m systematically replacing every self-doubt-filled cell in my body with these words until I believe in myself as much as others do.
8. The fact that I live a block from an area where Milo can be leash-free and run around like this:
9. My children and husband, on separate occasions this past week, made me laugh so hard I cried. Laughing that hard trumps anything. Even chocolate. And wine. But probably not Adam.
10. Real life time I’m able to spend with friends. Daily convos and weekly get-togethers with my Beanie that are the air I breathe. Mandi, my book whisperer and fellow-perv, who I get to see next week. Vanessa, who I’ll undoubtedly see Saturday night. (and hopefully Kathy soon. Momma needs her Ethiopian food fix!) These people fill my soul.
11. I have to add this right now, because HELMETS. The hubs just came home from a bike ride. He wrecked really bad. His handlebars caught a tree and he flew over the bars and landed on his head hard enough to crack his helmet. His face and shoulder are pretty banged up. BUT, he’d be in the hospital if it wasn’t for his helmet!